Monday, March 28, 2005

Easter Sunday is a Great Day we Celebrate!

I was able to speak up in a cafeteria to a group of persons who asked if it was a good day today on Easter Sunday. They meant; “How is the weather outside?” I was visiting a convalescent home with persons suffering in old age ailments. I responded, “It is a great day today! This is the day that we are celebrating Jesus was raised from the dead!” “Oh! I never thought about it, we just eat candy today and don’t think about what it means to Christians.” one lady replied. “Did you know that over 500 people witnessed the Resurrection?” I asked. (1 Co. 15:6) “No I didn’t”, the lady responded. And a large number of people from other tables turned and riveted their attention at this point. “How do you know this?” she asked. “It’s recorded in the Bible. Many don’t notice how many it was”, I replied. And I continued “As a matter of fact within 50 days of this, the Bible tells us there were 3000 men who believed this message. (Acts 2:41) 500 people were able to Convince 2500 more to join them. But that was only the men. It is estimated that when you add the women and children the number was actually closer to 10,000 people.” You could hear a pin drop by now. “That is amazing I never knew that.” the Lady responded, others listening intently. “And did you know that Christians were originally called the cult of the Resurrection?”, I asked. “No I never knew that”, she responded. “As a matter of fact 11 of the disciples were martyred. The Apostle Peter was crucified upside down on a cross; The Apostles were given the opportunity to deny what they had seen first hand and they refused to do so.”. “Really!” she responded. “Yes, and they kept on killing and killing the Christians for the first 2 centuries and the more they did it the more that the cult grew. It was originally a Jewish cult so this was one of the early genocides of the Jewish people that was occurring and many don’t realize this.”, I told her. “I never realized it, I always knew that Christians had something to do with Jews but I never really thought about it”, she replied. “And today in the eastern world, where Christians are under persecution, Christianity is growing much faster than here in the western world; because wherever there is persecution for some reason people are forced to make a much more serious decision to follow Christ, and they follow Him much more harder. And the only thing that slows down the spread of Christianity is when you stop persecuting them. Eventually they found that out in the 3rd century and they stopped persecuting them as much in the West. But did you know that today there are more martyrs for Christ than ever before?”, I asked. “No I didn’t know that”, the lady replied. “In the past century there were more martyrs than in the previous 1900 years. And since the year 2000 it is on the increase more than ever before? The news media hardly reports it. We hear more about the Jews and the Arabs conflicts but seldom hear about the plight of the Christians.” At this point the Lady said that we had talked too much that it was interfering with their eating the meal and that was the end of the conversation. Many nodded over and smiled. One man said he believed in God. He wanted me to know that. I trust my Lord Jesus will give me an opportunity to continue next time I am with them. [1]
Are you ready to accept Christ or do you want to finish your meal first?
Jesus says; Rev 3 - 20 Behold I stand at the door and knock. If any man hears my voice, and opens the door, I will come and sup with him and he with me. The Bible also says; Prov 3 - 8 There is a friend that sticks closer than a brother. To Christians his name is Jesus.

He wants you to know him personally. And He makes an interesting promise. John 14 - 16 And I will pray the Father, and He will give you another Helper, that He may abide with you forever - 17 the Spirit of Truth, whom the world cannot receive, because it neither sees Him, nor knows Him; but you know Him, for He dwells with you and will be in you. ... 23 Jesus answered and said to him, “If anyone loves Me, he will keep My word; and My Father will love him, and We will come to him and make our home with him.

What you have in fact is the entire Trinity. God in three persons available to live in you. And when God the Father and God the Son decide to abide in you this is what will happen. John 7 - 38 He who believes in Me, as the Scripture has said, out of his heart will flow rivers of living water. That is why Christians must keep telling everyone. We cannot stop the river of excitement and new life we are experiencing inside us, because of our personal relationship with the Living Savior!

A Suggested Prayer:
Lord Jesus, I know I am a sinner. Please forgive me for my sins. I ask you to be the Master of my life. Please come into my life and sup with me as your word has promised. Give me the strength to follow you whatever it takes even if it means persecution. Amen.

[1] The first paragraph is a true story that happened on Mar 27, 2005 in Canada.

You may contact the person who handed you this tract or your may contact this tracts author

Bible Door Tracts
bibledoor@rogers.com
273 Manchester Drive, Newmarket, ON, L3Y 6J4 ,Canada,
bibledoor.blogspot.com and bibledoor.no-ip.org
Copyright 2005 © Bible Door Tracts.

This tracts author is Ray Luff of Bible Door Tracts. The opinions contained in this tract do not necessarily represent the opinions of Riverdrive Park Bible Chapel where Ray is in fellowship. All Bible references are from The New King James Version. 1996, c1982. Nashville: Thomas Nelson unless otherwise noted.

No comments: